2016/2017 Winter Referee Academy
For the Winter Indoor Season, we are presently looking for referees who are interested in the OKSC Winter Academy. The Cost for joining the Academy is: $125.00 The Academy registration fee is to support the Academy.
The Academy Consists of the following:
• Refereeing indoor house league games
• Having a senior referee watching and mentoring the games
• During or after the game, the senior referee will point out positioning, signalling, player management, communicating to the players and so on
• The students will acquire a better understanding of where he or she should be on the soccer pitch
• When to blow the whistle, how to signal and when to signal
• How to become a District, Regional, Provincial, National, FIFA, referee.
• Learning these skills will take the place in a more relaxed learning environment. The senior referees will be able to go onto the field if need be, making it more comfortable for the student referees.
• Referees will be paid for the games they referee and learn
• Assignments will be on Saturdays between 8:30am and 1:00pm depending on league schedules.
Questions? Please email to firstname.lastname@example.org
or click here for more information
Oshawa Kicks office hours:
Monday: 10am – 3pm Tuesday: 10am – 3pm
Wednesday: 10am – 3pm Thursday: 10pm – 3pm
Friday: by appointment only Office is closed on weekends and holidays.
212 King St West Oshawa, ON L1J 2J2
Click below for Referee Education Video:
Click here for Differences between 9v9 to 11v11 Games – 2015
Responsibilities of the Referee:
1. Write down the time and place you should be refereeing.
2.Referee needs to be at the soccer pitch 30 minutes before game time.
3. Referee needs to be in proper uniform: Black socks, black shorts, black shirt, and black soccer shoes.
4. Be certain that you have your referee tools : Coin, Pencil, Watch, Whistle and Wallet
Thanks and Regards